Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Do you ever make out a menu and go to make a particular meal and realize you have forgotten ONE of the ingredients?!?  My achilles heel always seems to be taco seasoning!!  For some reason, I remember the other 100 ingredients in taco salad except the seasoning.  After {cough} years of repeating this problem, I finally decided to research homemade taco seasoning.

This is the first and only recipe I tried.  I really liked it.  We prefer mild when it comes to spices, so I don't add all the chili powder, crushed red pepper or cumin.  You may want to mix just a little bit in a bowl and try it first.  I will hopefully be mixing a larger quantity and saving it in an air-tight container, so I can just spoon out what I need while cooking next time.


Taco Seasoning

1/4 c chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp paprika
2 Tbs cumin
3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients together.  Store in an airtight container.

Photo from bing images.

No comments:

Post a Comment